This album has been the byproduct of over a years work (though nothing from before last November made it's way on here) and I'm pleased to say it's finally ready for mass-consumption.
The subject matter on this album ranges from grandiose Science Fiction narratives to stream of conscious rambles of personal heartbreak but I like to think I've maintained the cohesive sound I wanted: A dark, sample driven vibe which I feel shows clear influence of acts like Company Flow, Dr Ocatgon, Task Force, Eyedea & Abilities, Freestyle Fellowship, Aesop Rock etc without being wholly deritive.
For this album I'd like to directly thank:
Matt Smyth for mixing and mastering 90% of this project and Adam Pullman for the other 10%.
Joe Baxter Webb for convincing me to try rapping and producing in the first place
Armando Flores, Ambrosia Absent, Leland Jensen, Elijah Femi, Jake Greenwood, Brian Kirby, Kyle Alicea, Mark from the Ravensgate, James Dickson and like twenty other people for loving my music and giving me to determination to give them a project they'll love.
Joe Baxter Webb and Phoebe Xavier for their rather blunt but honest critiques of my work that inspired to me up my game and prove them wrong.
The various unnamed women who broke my heart and indirectly inspired half this album
The books of H.P Lovecraft, Alan Moore, Phillip K Dick, Isaac Asimov, Olaf Stapledon, Clifford Simak, Alfred Bester, Albert Von Chamisso and Arthur Schopenhauer for opening and connecting to my mind with their long ago printed words.
The films of Andrei Tarkovsky, Woody Allen, Orson Wells, Alfred Hitchcock and Ingmar Bergman for similar reasons to the above.
The various rappers I idolise a strive to one day be comparable to: Eyedea, Andre 3000, Lupe Fiasco, Myka 9, GZA, Juice Aleem, Ras Kass, Chester P, Jehst, Aesop Rock, Aceyalone, Posdenous, Rakim, Kool Keith, Slick Rick, Sage Francis, Sole, Canibus, Blu, Lyrics Born, Saul Williams, KRS-ONE and about a dozen more.
The idols of mine I've talked with who lived up to what I'd hoped: Chester P, Jonzi D, Sole and Juice Aleem
My various friends in real life who've given me periods of life without complete despair: Callum Wood, George Grist, Adam Pullman, the various weirdos I get drunk on Saturday nights with etc
The various musicians I illegally sampled to create the music I rapped over (Think I'mma tell you)
And all the other stuff you're supposed to shout out on an album.
released July 29, 2016
All music, vocals and lyrics by Jack Caleb "I.Mythos" Day and all recording, mixing and mastering aside from Track 10 by the Assembly Worker
Cover art by Kyle Alicea
all rights reserved